Monday, October 20, 2014

My review: BECOMING BEA, by Leslie Gould

  Bea Zook is a homebody who has few friends. Although she's of marriageable age, she's decided she'll never marry, which is an anomaly in her Amish community.

When near neighbors are overwhelmed by the birth of triplets, Bea decides to step out of her comfort zone to answer their call for help in dealing with the new babies.
 
After Bea goes to stay with the family, her confidence grows to the point where she begins to make friends with the other young people in her community. One person she can't stand, however, is Ben Rupp. They've been rivals ever since their school days. Ben knows all the ways to rile Bea, and she responds accordingly. Yet, they have more in common than they realize.

    Becoming Bea is an appealing story on many levels. The way the birth of the triplets impacted the family is a fascinating segment of the plot, as are Bea's own family issues.

   Readers of Leslie Gould's previous novels in The Courtship of Lancaster County series will enjoy updates on characters from Courting Cate, Adoring Addie, and Minding Molly. However, it’s not necessary to have read the previous books to enjoy Becoming Bea. I loved Bea--and Ben! This novel is one you don't want to miss.

My thanks to the author and Bethany House for my review copy.

 (As an aside, Bopplis is the Amish term used for babies. I think it's a darling name for little ones!)

2 comments:

  1. I wish the review I had made was as good as yours. I just wrote about how I liked the book and everyone should read.
    I can't see anything to say I am not a robort

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Becoming Bea also and I had not previously read any of the others in this series.

    ReplyDelete

HOME BIO NOVELS NEWS BLOG PHOTOS BOOKSHELF CONTACT